Chocolate Banana Flan
You can prepare this dessert ahead of time. Add rum and powdered sugar, and bake additional 5 minutes right before serving! A creamy, extra "chocolatey" treat! Looks beautiful and tastes even better! One of many easy chocolate dessert recipes that will make you (and your guests!) speechless.
Délice au Chocolat et aux Bananes (Chocolate Banana Flan)
1 slab Semi-Sweet Baking Chocolate (or your favorite high-quality dark chocolate at 70% cocoa)
2/3 cup Crème Fraîche (or heavy cream)
1/2 cup Whole Milk
1 tbsp. Butter (room temperature)
Powdered Sugar to decorate
Butter and Granulated Sugar for baking dish
Preheat oven to 180°C
1. Chop chocolate into small pieces and put in a bowl.
2. Heat up cream and milk (don't let it boil!) and pour over chocolate pieces. Stir until chocolate melts and the batter is smooth.
3. Stir in butter until smooth.
4. Once batter is cool, add eggs, and whisk well.
5. Butter and sugar a baking dish (or a flan dish).
6. Cut bananas into thick slices. Line the bottom of baking dish with bananas.
7. Pour chocolate batter into dish, over bananas, and bake for 15-25 minutes, depending on how firm you want it.
8. Take out of oven and sprinkle top with rum (optional) and powdered sugar. Put back in oven, best if right under grill, and bake for about 3-5 minutes. Serve Warm.