Apple Berry Crumble - serve with fresh cream or yoghurt – simply divine!
Ingredients per ramekin dish
1 small apple
½ cup of mixed berries
1 tbsp of lemon juice
2 tbsp of brown sugar
1/3rd cup of cheerio’s
2 tbsp flour
2 tbsp butter
2 tbsp of hazelnuts
Icing sugar for dusting on top
Note: You will need jiffy bag for crushing cheerio’s
1. Pre- heat oven to 180 degrees c.
2. Peel and core apple and slice coarsely.
3. Combine apple, berries, lemon juice and 1 tbsp of brown sugar in bowl and stir. Spoon into ramekin dish.
4. Place cheerio’s in jiffy bag and roll over and back to make fine crumbs. Repeat with hazelnuts.
5. In a small clean bowl add cheerio’s and nuts to flour & butter. Mix together with fingertips to make the crumble topping.
6. Spoon crumble on top of berries and press down slightly.
7. Bake uncovered for approx 15-20 mins until crumble is browned lightly.
8. When baked and cooled dust with icing sugar and serve with fresh cream or yoghurt – simply divine!