Recipe sent by Celeste' Gambon.
This is a simple savoury snack that can be made in a matter of minutes. Great for entertaining. You can replace the bacon with Tuna or Creamed Spinach.
1 Packet Puff Pastry
1 Packet Bacon
1. Place oven settings on “Grill” and place oven rack above the middle of the oven.
2. Roll out pastry fairly thinly on floured surface.
3. Sprinkle grated cheese generously onto pastry.
4. Place bacon strips over cheese & pastry.
5. Roll up pastry into a long roll.
6. Cut pastry roll into +-2cm wedges.
7. Place wedges onto greased baking tray.
8. Place under grill and bake until golden brown. Turn over wedges to grill the other side until brown.
9. Serve as a snack andor Serve with a Green Salad
OPTIONAL: You can replace the bacon with Tuna but remember to drain off the tuna very well. You can also replace the bacon with Creamed Spinach but also remember to drain off the spinach very well.